The Structuring Creativity Foundation is a non-profit which provides Career Advice and Life Coaching for college students and recent college graduates looking to create a rewarding life and a fulfilling career through workshops and one-on-one coaching & counselling.
Using concepts from ‘Designing your Life (DYL)’ and psychological theory, students, individuals and workshop participants are empowered to create a blueprint of options of lives they want to lead and are guided to choose wisely.
For most, education is a means to get a good job. But, just learning what is taught in colleges is not enough to succeed at a career or life. There is a need to learn additional skills, attitudes and behavior which aren’t taught in schools or colleges.
Data says that the number of students entering the job market is fairly enormous, but the bottom line is, most are not employable.
In countries like India, creativity is killed in favor of acquiring skills which would enable an individual to become employable. Being productive is valued more than being creative - the lines of code the employee writes or the number of test scripts he runs is valued more than any other insight he provides.
Creativity is not like a tap which can be opened at will to let the 'creative juices' out. Creativity requires the right attitude, mindset and intent. Creativity in different areas, like many other skills can be learnt, practiced and improved.
The desired outcome of the counselling, coaching and workshops is to enable participants to design a blueprint of options of how they could create lives they want to lead, help them choose wisely and prepare them for a fulfilling career and a rewarding life.
- 'Structuring Creativity: Creating your Life', Two week workshop at Srishti-Manipal Institute of Art, Design and Technology, Bangalore. Feb 2022
- 'Quantifying Creativity for Modern Workplaces’, Talk at ACM SIGCHI Mumbai Chapter Meet, IDC School of Design, IIT Bombay, Feb 2020
- 'Quantifying Creativity for Modern Workplaces’, Course at India HCI 2018, UX Café, December 2018
- 'Structuring Creativity', One credit course taught at Mount Carmel College (5-day duration), Bangalore. Nov 2017
- 'Structuring Creativity', Half day bootcamps for new joinees & Interns Oracle India Pvt. Ltd. , Feb 2018, June 2017, Feb 2017, Aug 2016, Aug 2015
- 'Structuring Creativity', Two day workshop for general public at Ashirvad, Bangalore Aug 05 & Aug 20, 2017
- 'Structuring Creativity', Half day workshop at Christ University, Sept 2016
- 'Creative Thinking', Discover@Work Talk at Oracle India Pvt. Ltd. July 2015
- 'Creative Thinking', Half a day workshop at Atta Galatta, Apr 2015
- 'Creative Thinking', Half a day workshop at PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, Aug 2016, July 2014
“The deepest secret is that life is not a process of discovery, but a process of creation. You are not discovering yourself, but creating yourself anew. Seek therefore, not to find out Who You Are, but seek to determine Who You Want to Be.” -Neale Donald Walsh